"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
~Emerson

Sunday, May 6, 2012

The smell of rich earthy soil

They look so vibrant!
Live Today #3:
Hello all! So today I decided to tryout my green thumb. Out front there is a 8 by 5 garden bed that is fairly empty except for a few fading tulips and one fantastic cherry tree. I thought there should be some more color and liveliness about so I bought 5 packets of wildflower mixes. Hopefully they will take over the garden covering all the drab soil and messy weeds! Now I only planted them today so they won't be up for a bit but I've never planted wildflowers before and the pictures on the packets have me pretty dang excited for them to bloom! As I mentioned in my last post about the potato wedges I am addicted to rosemary so when I saw a plant at the nursery I just had to pick one up! Then my taste buds and hands teamed up against me to buy some mint and basil too. ;)  I'm not much of a gardener but I absolutely love the fresh earthy smell of soil, its just so soothing. Its drizzling here right now so hopefully it will help my plants to begin to sprout! 
Yay for herbs!


Thanks for reading!



Caio!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment