"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm"
~Emerson

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Let the Wild Rumpus Begin!

Hey guys! Sorry I couldn't post on the project start date but I was having some technical difficulties. I swear, blogger always thinks I'm hacking into my own account therefore, resulting in not letting me in! :( All's well that ends well I guess! So for my first posting of the new thing I tried: (drum roll, please)
Live Today #1: Fashion Show!

Newsprint Dress

My lovely friend Frida and I went out last night to a fashion show! Well a recycled fashion show that is. It was a fundraiser for Western Resource Advocates(WRA). WRA works to have cleaner energy so we can have cleaner water, air and land. WRA teamed up with a local salon and spa here, Europa and a fish restaurant, Jax. Last night they held their 2012 Catwalk for Water where other Fort Collins businesses could enter a model. The catch was all the dresses could only be made of recycled items that represented somewhat who the company was. It turned out to be really, really cool! There were so many different materials! We saw dresses made out of paper, bike parts, plaster, fishing nets, magazines, 6-pack of beer containers, and so much more. We had a blast! And of course since it was First Friday that meant Free Art Galleries, so we just had to stroll through a few. To top off the night we had some stupendous Walrus Ice Cream. 
Fishing net and sea shell dress
New Thing: Fabulous recycled fashion show.

Would I do it again: Depends, a real high fashion show might not be my taste but, another creative FoCo fundraiser fashion definitely!

Thanks for reading!
I'll try to post later about today's new event!
Caio!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment